Well lets start off by saying hey! So far this forum has been sooo useful. THANK YOU! So for my first post I hope to help alot of people
if that will happen or not I don't know but I'll try! Haha!
So lets see, You have managed to brick your phone....most likely by messing with the internals menu. If you didn't; well thats what I did anyway.
I was in the internals menu and changed debug level to high. Bad Move. As they say 'curiosity killed the cat' -_-'
So my phone tried to reboot itself but the loader bar just froze 3/4 the way. After taking the battery out then back in, turn on, screen goes black with a blue border and some yellow writing saying 'upload data to pc' (similar to the bootloader screen)
So to fix this problem even if you have tried to flash your phone you may find you cannot reflash your phone (especuially if it is locked like mine was). The trick is to flash your phone BUT only partially.
So what am i on about?
- Okay firstly get NPS software for all your samsung drivers.
- Get Multi loader 5.56 <-- this is what i was using at the time, i'm sure newer will be fine
- Get firmware
- Then, remove sim and micro SD card from phone
- Do not connect phone to computer or turn it on just yet.
- Load phone to Boot Loader. Hold down volume keys, camera button and on button, all at the same time. This should display a black screen with red writing saying 'download to phone' or similar
- Now load multiloader 5.56
- Connect your phone
- Now in multiloader DO NOT check any of the boxes saying 'Boot Change', 'Full Download', 'Master Rom'
- 'BOOT' should be the only button not highlighted
- Now for Amss select the Amms file
- Apps select the apps file
- Rsrc1 select the .rc1 file
- Rsrc2 select the .rc2 file
- Finally Factory FS select the .ffs file
After you have done all this click on 'Port Search'. The phone should be recognized. Then click 'Download'. Wait untill it says 'Ok Complete' or for your phone to start up and the application to freeze (thats what happened to me)
And hoorah your done!
***All your data may or may not be deleted. Mine was but my friends wasn't so I don't know what determines that***
I hope this will help alot of people who have changed a setting to many haha!